Monday, December 14, 2009

O jardim progride! (The garden proceeds!)

Has it been two weeks since my last post!? Sorry guys. Really though, sorry. I hope this is a grand indication that I've been sooo busy. Busy with work, busy making friends, busy seeking out a life. I mean, I've got to get it all in, seeing is I'll be here for a while.

So here are a few of the goods:

1) The garden is growing like madness. We've had so many visitors to the farm seeing how and what it is we've done. I've got a list of people that can't wait to learn about our organic farming practices come January and I'm so excited to see what we can do!

2) The kids have been working so hard to prepare for the Christmas festivities. They have painted elephants, lions, tree scapes, created angel halos and have been dancing up a storm learning Noite Feliz (Silent Night), O Pequeno Tambor (The Little Drummer Boy), and Fa La La (Deck the Halls). We've made up dances to each of the songs and we get silly with it. They love to dance and sing, (and so do I!).

3) We've been planning for my return come January when we can start more of our outreach. :) We've been planning our strategy for teaching people in the community and how that will look. We're working on timeframe, types of classes, teaching materials and other factors that will allow us to be completely prepared for when we have our first health classes.

4) I'm off to Cape Town tomorrow for some summer fun in the sun! I'm spending my summer/winter holiday with African Leadership friends and some new ones from here in Mozambique! :) Sooo excited!

Pictures to come! Internet's bein a bum... :I