Thursday, October 15, 2009

What looks to be my day-to-day

I have undergone a drastic lifestyle change since my move over to Mozambique. After moving in with my adorable nuclear Korean family (husband, wife, two children), plus Eric, Korean born, California raised kid, I now have a daily schedule.

I don't think I've had a "daily schedule" for like at least five years.

Morning:
  • 6:30a - Wake up
  • 6:40a - Family prayer
  • 6:45a - Eat breakfast
  • 7:05a - Prayer for children who go to school
  • 7:10a - Daily preparation, devotion
  • 8:00a - Complete work, tasks
  • 1:00p - Eat lunch together
  • 1:45 - Complete more work
  • (3:00 - Children arrive home from school)
  • 5/6:00 - Try to get in a workout
  • 7:00 - Eat dinner while watching the Korean soap opera, Jolly Widows
  • 7:45 - Chill
  • 8:30/9p - Family reflection time, prayer
  • 10:00 - Down time, work, whatev
  • 1am - get to sleep

Jolly Widows ad. I'm actually so addicted already. I already feel how sick it is to say that...

Yeah, so I know, practically without any opposition to my thought process, that this lifestyle cannot be kept up. As you can easily calculate, the time I go to bed and the time I get up cannot be sustained.

I've ended up sleeping sometimes after I have breakfast, which is the worst waste of my daily instant coffee.

However, in the process of managing this schedule, I've been able to get my visa situation sorted out, buy a new-used car, visit several farms in the area, attend several local church events, learn essential words in Shangan, (the local language; i.e. kanimambo = thank you), read through Hornby's novel How to be Good, and create a Korean soap opera addiction.

All this in just over a week!

http://images.automotive.com/reviews/images/96pathfinder.jpg
This is a glorified version of my car in somewhere like Sedona, AZ. My car has a lot more dust and fog lights, to start.

Needless to say, time is going by fast; ridiculously fast.

I'm learning and growing so much.

Sigh.

My next post will be all about our plan of execution. For now, I go to sleep knowing I have an extra two hours to sleep! Finally, 6.5 hours!

Note to self: Fix schedule.